Many of us don’t put much thought into the performance of a furnace until it fails for good. But what if you could delay this inevitability, even just a little longer? Replacing a furnace is certainly not something you want to have to do too soon. We have 5 tips that can help you keep your furnace around for longer.
- Schedule Annual Maintenance Visits: Annual furnace maintenance visits can extend the lifespan of your heater, as these ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible. Your technician checks for problems and recommends repairs so that the unit can run correctly throughout the winter. In addition, the technician will make some adjustments to the system to keep it in peak condition, reducing wear and tear over time.
- Pay Attention to Problems: Whenever something is wrong with your furnace, you should call a technician to your home ASAP. That way, the problem does not become any worse, and other components do not wear down attempting to compensate for the damage.
- Eliminate Blockage and Debris from around the Unit: Keep the area around the furnace unit clean in order to reduce fire hazards and prevent the possibility of damage to the exterior of the system.
- Consider a High-Efficiency System: When you are selecting a new furnace, choose one that is ENERGY STAR rated for efficiency. High-efficiency systems are built for durability, which means they are more likely to live out their lifespans to the very end.
- Keep the Filter Clean: This is one of the easiest ways to extend the lifespan of your heating system. Regular filter changes allow for steady airflow into the system, which means fewer performance problems over time. The filter also protects the furnace unit from the potential damage of incoming debris.
AAction Air Conditioning & Heating Co. Inc. offers quality furnace services to Bluffton residents. Call us to get quality work and a fair price every time!