Winter can be a great time of the year, but it can also be pretty stressful. At AAction Air we understand how stressful high energy bills can be in addition to everything else that winter throws at you, so we’ve put together some heating efficiency tips that will help you reduce your energy use and which will also make your Savannah home a little greener. See what else you can come up with to increase energy efficiency in your home this winter.
- Use your ceiling fans. Did you know that you can reverse the direction in which the fan blades rotate? Keep them moving clockwise in the winter. This pushes air down from the ceiling, and because heat rises this allows for consistent, even heating throughout your home.
- Use your thermostats programmable settings. A lot of people have programmable thermostats but do not use the settings that they offer. Get the most out of your thermostat by taking the time to read the instruction manual.
- Cook at home. Going out to eat can be a fun treat, but cooking in home is a great way to warm things up while also spending some quality time with your family.
- Use a zone control system. By creating different temperature zones in your home you can heat different areas of your home to different temperatures. That means that there will be no more arguing about what temperature the living room should be or whether the kitchen is too hot. Keep everyone happy by using a zone control system and use only as much energy as necessary.
- Shrink wrap your windows and airstrip your doors. Making your home as airtight as possible will help keep heated air in and keep the cold air out.
- Layers are key. Simply throwing on an extra sweater will allow you to lower the thermostat by a couple of degrees, and that can make a big difference over time. In for the night? Don’t worry about fashion, throw on some sweatpants and enjoy the savings.
We hope that these simple tips help improve energy efficiency in your home this winter. See how much money you can save by making minor changes to your home heating habits. Add your own ideas to the list and enjoy the benefits of increased heating efficiency.
For more information about how to heat your Savannah efficiently, give AAction Air a call today!