Are your allergies just as bad inside of your home as when you are out? Are you ready to tackle those allergy and asthma symptoms and make your home a safe space for anyone to enter?
It’s time to think about the quality of the air that you and your family members breathe. While you cannot do much about the air outside, you can certainly control the air coming through your own home, especially if you use a forced-air whole-home central heating and air conditioning system.
While there are daily antihistamines you can take, you should still take care of your home’s air so that you and your guests are not relying on medication when pollen counts are at their highest.
Whole-Home Indoor Air Quality Systems
We recommend whole-house systems for better indoor air quality every time, especially over those small, portable, plug-in air quality units. These, of course, cannot filter all of the air in your home—just in the immediate vicinity of the actual unit.
A whole-home system goes into the air ducts or near the furnace and AC systems, able to filter all of the air that gets sucked in. Here are some options you may be able to choose from, though selections vary among local technicians:
- Air Filters – Unfortunately, your air filter might not be powerful enough to clean the air to the extent you need, especially if you’re sensitive to mold spores, pollen, or pet dander, which often make it through. You can choose a more effective filter, but be careful. If it’s too effective, it might get in the way of AC function.
- Air Filtration Systems – Sometimes, a larger air filtration system is necessary, with a wider surface area and pleated media to catch more particles in the air.
- Electronic Air Purifier – This uses ionization to charge particles which then become attracted to a metal plate in the system. It’s effective without blocking airflow.
- UV Air Purifier – This system specifically kills germs like bacteria and viruses.
- Dehumidifiers – A dehumidifier makes you more comfortable in the summer and it can prevent mold from growing in your home.
- Heat Recovery/ Energy Recovery Ventilator – Allows you to get some fresh air.
Call the friendly service technicians at AAction Air Conditioning & Heating Co. Inc. for help selecting your new indoor air quality equipment in Bluffton or a surrounding area.