Back in the day, only certain people could afford quality air conditioning. When the central air conditioner was invented, it was an expensive whole-home air conditioner that could keep a whole family comfortable for a pretty substantial cost. We remember this mentality, and we remember very clearly contractors costing an arm and a leg to install these kinds of systems in homes. But things aren’t like that anymore, and it’s time we talked to the homeowners out there who still think like this.
Simply put—air conditioning in Savannah, GA isn’t as much of a luxury as it used to be. In fact, many homes that don’t have central AC these days could be spending more money year after year trying to cool themselves down and stay comfortable, than they would with an air conditioner. It’s true, the cost of water, vacations, ice, cold drinks, fans, and dehumidifiers all add up, and they could be dramatically decreased with the installation of an air conditioner.
The Hidden Price of No Air Conditioning
Our team prides itself on offering promotions and discounts wherever possible on new air conditioning systems. We want homeowners to know that we’re the team to call for reliable, affordable, and effective AC service. However, we’d like to approach those homeowners that don’t think they can afford AC at all and speak directly to them.
Have you ever thought that maybe you’re spending more money without air conditioning than you are with it? AC might be an investment, especially if you’re spending a lot of money in the moment to purchase a new unit, but it might not be as much as you’d be spending without it. Let’s take a look at the breakdown.
When you decide to forgo AC installation for another scorchingly hot summer, here are some costs that you could encounter that normally would be avoided with a functioning central air conditioning unit.
- Constantly running fans. When you’re really hot indoors, there’s really only one way to minorly cool the air temperature without an air conditioner, and that’s with fans. While they’re very efficient and only use a small amount of electricity, those costs add up when you use them all the time!
- Too many cold showers. Cold showers can sometimes be the only respite on a scorching hot day. Unfortunately, you’re paying for that water if you’re taking multiple showers each day.
- Running the dehumidifier all the time. Homeowners think they can squeeze through a summer heatwave with just the help of some fans and a dehumidifier. This will run up electricity costs as well.
- New clothes, new sheets, new laundry detergent. When you’re constantly sweating, you could see an increase in ruined bedsheets, clothes, and laundry needs.
- Everything else! All those cold drinks, ice cubes, and ice cream cones you buy to stay sane during a heatwave will impact your budget in more ways than you think!
Fix The Problem at Its Source
You could avoid all of these costs by just investing in the installation of a central air conditioner. It might sound like a lot of money, but when you think of your comfort and all the ways you’ll avoid other summertime expenses by just feeling normal in your home, it quickly becomes worth it!
Allow us to do a quality job at a fair price. Call AAction Air Conditioning & Heating Co. Inc. today!