If you haven’t checked on your AC since last summer, or if you think it might need some service, don’t wait for any possible problems to get worse. In this post, we’d like to run you through some of the signs that you need air conditioning repair. Heeding these warnings may be able to prevent major repairs or replacement in the future, so be sure to call AAction Air for air conditioning repair in Savannah, GA!
You depend upon your air conditioner. You AC works by pressurizing refrigerant, pumping it through a system of coils, and causing it to undergo physical changes, heat is removed from your home, cooled, and returned. No matter what type of AC you have, it might eventually need repair. Here are some warning signs that it’s time to call an AC expert:
- Inadequate cooling. A sudden or gradual drop in the cooling level of your home is probably not just general wear and tear—have it checked out by a pro.
- Short-cycling. If your AC runs in short bursts, switching on and off frequently, then you may have a short-cycling problem.
- Water leaks. Making sure that your AC is removing the condensation that results from the refrigeration process is critical to maintaining the effectiveness of your unit.
- AC is constantly running. If your AC is appropriately sized, then it should turn off when it reaches the desired temperature. If it’s running all the time, there is a fault somewhere.
- Visible frost buildup. If you see any frost buildup on the vents to your ductwork, or anywhere on your system, you may have a problem with your airflow circulation.
There may not be only one but several signs. They often work together. But don’t worry; when you hire a Savannah, GA air conditioning repair technician at AAction Air, you are in good hands. We’ll have your AC up and running in no time. If your system is beyond the state of repair, and you’d like to invest in the future of your home cooling system, we can advise you on a system replacement. Give us a call today!