Whenever someone thinks of commercial air conditioning, it brings to mind gigantic metal boxes sitting on tarmac or on top of a roof. This image isn’t incorrect – but new innovations have led to better, more efficient commercial air conditioning that no longer requires an enormous AC. One of these new innovations is the modular commercial air conditioner, and it can be a great option for those needing commercial air conditioning in Savannah.
It’s important to call a commercial air conditioning specialist like AAction Air when considering a modular system as the installation is very different from a residential installation.
What Is Modular Air Conditioning?
Modular air conditioning is a commercial air conditioning system that delivers the cooling needed for large, commercial spaces, that has a level of flexibility not found with large, singular rooftop commercial systems. As the name indicates, modular air conditioning comes in separate pieces that can be installed easily and indoors. Each unit is designed to cool a specific amount of space; if more cooling is required, another module can be added; if less cooling is required, a module can be turned off. Modular commercial air conditioning brings a level of efficiency and flexibility to commercial air conditioning that hasn’t been accessible before.
What Are the Benefits of Modular Air Conditioning?
Here are some of the benefits our AAction Air modular air conditioning customers have seen:
- No expensive rigging, equipment or permits required
- No rooftop penetration required
- No field piping, evacuation or charging (charging is done in the configuration stage)
- No worries about outdoor air conditioner damage from severe weather events
- No major ductwork or electrical modifications are required
- No exterior condensing unit required
- Very adaptable system
- Very space-saving
Why Consider a Modular Air Conditioner?
There are several reasons to consider a modular air conditioner for your commercial space:
- Energy efficiency – with modular air conditioning, you are able to control what areas receive cooling. For instance, if you have a property with multiple independent business spaces, and one of those spaces is temporarily empty, you can turn off the cooling to that space, saving you energy and money.
- Flexibility – let’s say you have a property that needs an expansion due to growth. With a modular air conditioner, cooling that new space will only require the addition of another module.
- Easy installation – each module is delivered fully completed, including refrigerant charging. In addition, because the system comes in separate pieces, installation can occur outside of business hours and on weekends, creating far less disturbance to businesses and employees. Lastly, cooling during installation won’t be interrupted.
- Wide range of loads – modular air conditioners can handle cooling loads from 12 to 70 tons
Considering a Modular Commercial Air Conditioner? Call an Expert
A modular air conditioning system may be the perfect solution for your Savannah commercial air conditioning needs – but to know for sure, you should work with an expert. Call AAction Air today and schedule an appointment to talk to one of our experts about your commercial air conditioning in Savannah.