It’s been a tough winter this year but spring is almost here. One of the great things about living where we do is that spring comes quickly, allowing us to feel the warm sun before many other parts of the country. It isn’t unusual to get a few hot days during our early spring, but unfortunately what is also common is that many people turn on their ACs on the first hot day only to find that the system isn’t working, or isn’t working well. But the air conditioning experts at AAction Air have a great solution for that: schedule a spring air conditioning tune-up for your Savannah AC.
Spring Is AC Clean-Up Time
During the winter months, your air conditioner, particularly the outside unit, can accumulate a great deal of dirt, dust and debris, simply from just sitting. Additionally, if you didn’t schedule fall maintenance for your AC, last season’s wear and tear is still part of the system, and will affect how the system performs. Maintenance is really a full tune-up for your air conditioning system and when performed at least every 12 months, you can help your AC significantly.
What Happens During a Maintenance Appointment?
Here are some of the tasks that will be performed by your technician during a routine maintenance appointment:
- Thorough inspection – the technician will thoroughly inspect your entire air conditioner unit to detect any existing or developing problems.
- Cleaning – not only will debris be removed, but dust and dirt will also be removed from components, helping them to work better.
- Small repair – things like frayed wiring and worn belts will be repaired to avoid more serious problems down the road.
- Adjusting – sometimes components can shift in position, which will have an effect on their operation. During a maintenance appointment, any components that have shifted position will be adjusted.
- Lubrication – all moving parts are lubricated.
- System checks – your refrigerant level, electrical voltage and other important items will be checked during the appointment.
- Performance testing – your AC system will be tested before the technician departs to ensure it is running optimally.
Get ahead of the coming hot weather this year by scheduling a spring air conditioning tune-up in Savannah with your AAction Air expert – call us today!