Your heater is vital to the comfort and efficiency of your home. The decision to repair or replace your system is just as important, and requires a thorough knowledge of how the system works and how long it’s supposed to last.
Unfortunately, most homeowners don’t have access to the details of this type of information. They must rely on their local HVAC contractor to give them the details about the condition of their heater, the efficiency levels, and whether it’s time to replace the system instead of performing a heating repair in Savannah, GA. This can be incredibly difficult, especially when dealing with an amateur HVAC technician who doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
That’s why we can offer some sound advice to help you figure out whether your heater needs a repair or a total replacement. And—if you’re looking for an HVAC team that isn’t full of amateurs, we’re available!
When to Repair Your Furnace
Usually, it’s easier to take it step by step and figure out first whether or not your heater should be repaired before you start wondering about a replacement. After all, repairs are more affordable and often solve your problems faster than a replacement. In the long term, though, replacements tend to be the best answer for systems that are ready for it. Let’s take a look at the obvious clues you could use a heater repair.
- Your heater is relatively new. When we say new, we mean younger than 10-15 years old. A heater that’s young is generally in better shape and will last longer with repairs than an older one. Plus, you just spent the money on this heater, so unless there’s something seriously wrong with it, a repair should do just fine.
- It’s inexpensive. Repairs are inexpensive when compared to a replacement. If you just can’t afford a replacement or the repair needed is relatively minor, then we’d definitely recommend a repair.
- Everything else is fine. If this is the only problem you’ve encountered with your heater, chances are that the rest of it is still in good condition. Repairs are needed every once in a while, and your heater might need one.
It’s Time for a Replacement
On the other hand, if you’re experiencing the following—then it’s definitely time for a replacement.
- Frequent repairs. Dealing with frequent obnoxious and expensive repairs is not what you signed up for. A heater that’s on the fritz like this is less likely to get better over time. Call a professional to have it replaced and improve your quality of life.
- Age. If your heater is older than 10-15 years old, then it’s just a generally good idea to have it replaced. These systems aren’t supposed to last past that and they will start to have problems when they age out of that range.
- No heat. You bought your heater for one purpose, and that purpose is to provide your home with heat. If your system is struggling to keep your home warm, no matter what repairs are made on it, then a replacement might be your best bet.
Give our team a call today for comprehensive heating services.
AAction Air Conditioning & Heating Co. Inc. is there for you. Allow us to do a quality job at a fair price. Call today!